As a response to COVID-19, Australian government announced a new priority skill list to fill urgent skills needs in critical sectors such as the health care, construction and IT Sectors.
This occupation list is called Priority Migration Skilled Occupation List (PMSOL), and below 17 occupations are included.
- Chief Executive or Managing Director (111111)
- Construction Project Manager (133111)
- Mechanical Engineer (233512)
- General Practitioner (253111)
- Resident Medical Officer (253112)
- Psychiatrist (253411)
- Medical Practitioner nec (253999)
- Midwife (254111)
- Registered Nurse (Aged Care) (254412)
- Registered Nurse (Critical Care and Emergency) (254415)
- Registered Nurse (Medical) (254418)
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) (254422)
- Registered Nurse (Perioperative) (254423)
- Registered Nurses nec (254499)
- Developer Programmer (261312)
- Software Engineer (261313)
- Maintenance Planner (312911)
Visa holders, who have been sponsored by an Australia business in a PMSOL occupation can request an exemption from Australia’s travel restrictions, but will be subject to a strict 14 days quarantine on arrival at their own expense.
Existing skilled migration occupation lists will remain active and visas will still be processed, but priority will be given to those in occupations on the PMSOL.
The government mentioned that they will closely monitor labour market trend and respond to any changes in skills needs.
We do hope that starting from this news, Australian immigration becomes invigorated, so that we could see stronger and healthier Australian community.
Please stay healthy and safe in this pandemic situation, and if we have any update, we will let you know accordingly.
Your Trustable Partner,
Email inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone inquiry: +61 08 6454 9910
The information provided in this column serves as a general guidance only and does not constitute migration advice. We accept no responsibility for any consequence that may arise from any action taken based on this information. We highly recommend readers to seek private advice or assistance for detailed situations. Thank you.