Red Cross is receiving funding from the Australian Government for the next six months to deliver emergency relief and casework support. These funds are for people on temporary visas who have no way to support themselves and who have urgent needs. This includes food, medicine and crisis accommodation costs.
Important information about this funding:
- These funds are for people on temporary visas who have no way to support themselves and who have urgent needs. This includes food, medicine and crisis accommodation costs.
- Red Cross have not yet received these funds but hope to increase our existing Emergency Relief and Safety Net program in the coming weeks.
- Because of COVID-19, Red Cross will not distribute funds from our offices, but Red Cross will provide assistance by phone and email during business hours.
Who is eligible?
You may be eligible for Red Cross Safety Net support if you:
- are in Australia on a temporary visa
- are in urgent financial hardship
- cannot access Centrelink, Medicare or similar services
- have no income, savings or other financial support (including from family overseas).
How to apply
You can contact Red Cross directly through the email or phone number as below:
– Email : email@example.com
– Phone number: 1800 733 276
Please visit the link below for further information.
Your Trustable Partner,
Email inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone inquiry: +61 08 6454 9910
The information provided in this column serves as a general guidance only and does not constitute migration advice. We accept no responsibility for any consequence that may arise from any action taken based on this information. We highly recommend readers to seek private advice or assistance for detailed situations. Thank you.