Employers of working holiday makers


Happy New Year!

As we have mentioned before, as of 1st January 2017, the tax rate change is now a definitive case for working holiday makers who hold 417 and 462 visas.

If you’re a business that employs working holiday makers, you must register your business online before 31st January 2017 to avoid any potential penalties. Once registered, you can start withholding 15% of tax for the first $37,000 rather than 32.5%.

Naturally, if you employ or plan to hire working holiday makers, please inform us before 31st January 2017 so that we can complete the registration by the due date.

For more information, please visit

Image: http://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/generation-emigration/plan-for-australian-backpacker-tax-rise-under-review-1.2599132