Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection has introduced 4 new work visas.
This new Temporary Activity Visa Framework that commenced on 19 November 2016 has reduced The following visas would be closed to new applications from 19 November 2016:
- Subclass 401 Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa
- Subclass 402 Training and Research visa
- Subclass 416 Special Program visa
- Subclass 420 Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa
- Subclass 488 Superyacht Crew visa
There would be four new visa subclasses introduced from 19 November 2016:
- Subclass 400 Temporary Work (Short Stay Specialist) visa
- Subclass 403 Temporary Work (International Relations) visa
- Subclass 407 Training visa
- Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa
The new framework is designed to make applying for a temporary visa easier. It would reduce red tape for business, industry and individuals by removing sponsorship and nomination requirements for specific short stay activities.
This means, applicants will be:
- able to lodge visa applications online through ImmiAccount
- a single sponsorship (temporary activities sponsor) would replace six existing sponsorship types (long stay activity, training and research, professional development, entertainment, special programme and superyacht crew)