Separate legislative instruments now exist outlining eligible occupations for the following sponsored visa programmes:
- Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186) – Direct Entry Stream
- See: IMMI17/080 Specification of Occupations and Assessing Authorities—Subclass 186 Visa
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- Training visa (subclass 407) – Nomination eligibility type 2 – Occupational training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation
- See: IMMI17/071 Specification of Occupations—Subclass 407 Visa
The occupations available for the subclass 186 and 457 programmes are the same. Consequently, for ease of reference, a single alphabetical list of these occupations is available. See: Combined list of eligible skilled occupations.
Note: Different eligible occupation arrangements are in place for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187) – Direct Entry Stream.