We are your trustable migration partner, OPARTNERS.
On the 25th September 2018, WA State government has announced a pathway to the State Nominated Migration Program (190/489 visa) for PhD, Masters, Honours and other higher degree graduates. They commented that this new pathway will attract talented and skilled people who can contribute positively to the state economy.
WA Government made it clear that the opportunity of state sponsorship will be given to those who completed at least 2 years of higher education in one of Western Australian universities. Please see the detailed requirements and see whether you are eligible for the state sponsorship!
- WA Graduate Stream Occupation list
Eligible WA graduates can be nominated through WA Graduate stream, which is different from the General stream.
For this new stream, ‘Graduate Occupation list,’ has been made. The ‘Graduate Occupation list’ includes a wider range of occupations, so it is expected that the opportunity to get skilled migration visa through WA state sponsorship will be increased.
Master and PhD Graduates will have access to all occupation in the graduate list, whereas Bachelor or other higher degree graduate will be able to access some of the occupations on the list
Please check WA Graduate Occupation list on the link below.
- WA Graduate Stream Requirement
- Meet Department of Home Affairs requirements for the intended visa subclass (489/190 visas)
- Meet Study requirement : At least 2 years of full-time study in WA university is required
- Have an available occupation on the Graduate occupation list for the intended visa subclass
- Meet English requirement : ‘Proficient’ level of English as outlined in the table is required
- Meet work experience requirement : at least one year of Australian work experience in the nominated (or closely related) occupation over the last 10 years; or at least three years of overseas work experience in the nominated (or closely related) occupation over the last 10 years.
However, in the case of WA Masters of PhD graduates, this requirement is waived for WA state nomination
- Provide a contract of employment : A contact of employment for full-time position for at least 12 months in WA is required.
Please make a reservation for migration consultation if you have any further questions, or if you want to see whether you are eligible!
The information provided in this website serves as a general guidance only and does not constitute migration advice. We accept no responsibility for any consequences that arise from any action taken on the basis of the information available in this site. We recommend that people seeking advice on migration law should seek advice from a registered migration agent.
Registered migration agent
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +61 08 6454 9910